Thursday 12 September 2013

Which one are you?



Colin or Matthew?

Well I, along with a lot of other middle age ladies clearly didn't really give a stuff until the
pond & horse scene and then was firmly in the Colin camp.

Then many years later came the film and I'm Matthew all the way, except for in that most important of scenes where he tells Elizabeth that he loves her, I love you, most ardently, and it's just too painful to watch, but it is getting better over time.
Luckily to save one of my most mucked up scenes in history there is enough grey paint, wet wool and white linen along with the interior of Mr. Collins humble abode with all it's sparseness too melt my heart along with the scene, a letter to Elizabeth.


If you visit the Winchester Cathedral gift shop you will stand in front of floral display, a homage to Jane Austin and in particular to the BBC's lavish 1995 production of Pride and Prejudice. 
I remember watching it and I loved it.
But after all these years are they really still able to turn a buck off it?!

Clearly yes as G's mum bought these for me a belated birthday present as I was umming about the price and you couldn't have one without the other.



 Can you see the resemblance?


I love them so much I am going to put them on the tree at Christmas.

In case anyone wanted to know I prefer the film. The characters are much nicer to look at and that is saying something because we all know I am not keen on tie Me Up Tightly Keira Knightly and I think I listen to the sound track at least once a fortnight.

Off for tea and that really is the last Winchester post unless we move there.

CM











No comments:

Post a Comment