Monday 16 July 2012

Glenfinnan

When this trip to Scotland was planned I really wanted G to see the Glenfinnan Viaduct.

We all crammed in the car and parked in a small car park and walked the path that takes you underneath it. I'm not sure if many people are aware of this path because there was less than a handful of people around which meant that there wasn't a problem finding a tree to wee behind when the morning bladder becomes a problem.





T was desperate to climb trees but I still keep telling her that they belong to some one else and you need to ask first, is that right?
I don't see the difference between a sofa and a tree.


So when the viaduct is not carrying the Hogwarts Express it is the home of the West Highland Line





I think some one need to read my Shed Envy post, lessons to be learned me thinks.
Last time I was here this river was high and fast flowing so I thought lets take advantage and have a paddle I'm really making an effort to be a bit active.








Then it was back to the car and up the road to Glenfinnan Station Museum.
Which is lovely and you see the trains, eat on the dinning car or if you want to stay in the B&B, both of which are carriages.





We will have to buy a ticket next time and do the journey because P caused a stink when she couldn't get on, happens every time and I never learn.





I bought one of those leather book marks with the cut fringing at the bottom, I saw it in the shop, nostalgia washed over me and thought, yep you'd better buy it as you'll only regret it for the rest of your life
Cup of tea after all that.





Notice the broomstick on the right.
The food is really good, I probably could have eaten the menu.
A quick game of hide and seek before home.




Tooth being fixed tomorrow.
This one keeps being fixed I wonder if I should just have it removed it is far enough back that it is not visible.
Decisions Decisions ?

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment