Saturday 3 December 2011

Big Week Part 3

So Saturday was the school Christmas Fayre. It's all to raise money for the school so they can buy cool stuff through the year.
It cost £5 for kids and £2:50 for adults with a wine and cheese I took 13 people.
Bloody hell.

T had a minor blip before we left because I had put up the happy sign but I had made it years ago before she could talk and I had not added UNCLE on and she was not happy.

Note for next year - buy matching paper and dots and get it fixed



I think it looks good on the grey which at this point I still don't love


So they had food stalls, bouncy castle, chocolate tombola - we won big on that. Raffle, Christmas Karaoke not to mention other kid friendly games that I took no notice of because I LOST P for what seemed like 2 minutes but was only 30 seconds before hawk eye Grandpa spotted her hiding in a bush. Little COW.

The kids could also craft decorations we came home with this.






I think P is pointing to where it poops from. She is so naughty.


We came home with pickles and wine and stuff and it turns out that Grandpa has won the raffle, 2 hours with Claire the personal trainer!

The idea was that we would make a lunch of baked potato and lots of lovelies and all I had to do was warm it through but the oven decided to go on the blink.


But T opened some presents and looking back on things I should have warned her that P didn't really understand what birthdays were and all that she would see would be presents and probably make things difficult for the birthday girl which was probably and understatment.
A toy is a toy after all.








T held out pretty well and in the early evening set forth doing some major gluing and sticking with one present whist P just played with everything else.




Then it descended into the beginnings of cries and chaos and we put them to bed and at that point I thought I was going to be sick with tiredness and I realised I am not very good at being social and like being in the kitchen organiseing or washing up if it's my own home and we have company.
Is that normal for mothers?


CM

No comments:

Post a Comment