Sunday 23 November 2014

A Last Day in Dorest.

Usually I wake up before everyone, survey the damage and start to fold and pack.
In fact if I am sleeping on an airbed, as I stretch forward on waking I'll pull out bung and sink to the ground.



As we packed and loaded the car BOMO kept the children occupied with hula loop races and general running up and down. Campsite really full now and ready for the summer holidays.




With a full car we headed out for lunch, a pub lunch.
I decided I was going to try Scampi for the first time, in a pub by the sea. Excellent.




We parked the car and wandered down the lane and came across the The Pig Hotel
Blinking in astonishment.
This is a Pig? It's a PIG!!

I have a thing for this group of hotels, even looked at visiting whilst we were here camping, but I hadn't really really looked and wasn't sure on it's location so stood there in disbelieve as we stumbled on it at the bottom of the lane on the last day.

Why are we not going here for lunch I gasped?
Because you are having Scampi at the pub next door said BOMO lovingly!

After an hour of laughs we headed down for our final beach trip. I needed to work off the breadcrumbs that came with the meal. Very heavy not sure if I will be eating that again this decade.




This is a gem of a beach. It's near The Pig in Studland. You can't miss it.




After lots of whooping and hollering it was time to say our good byes and head for home.
This was one of the best family holidays ever. I am amazed how much ground we covered and still managed to be relaxed. I am already planning something for next year.

P was asleep long before we got onto the Sandbanks Ferry. 




We came to Dorset in a very hot week of July 2014, we were lucky because the skies were blue and there was a breeze in the air down at the waters edge. As we headed back East the heat became more intense as the clouds joined together so we really did have the best weather.

If you read this and fancy a trip to Purbeck & Studland  I am still not sure how the area is defined, maybe the last few posts will give you an idea of where to visit and what to do.




Happy Days.
Now it's November is it too early to be wishing for the sun.

CM





No comments:

Post a Comment