Wednesday 25 September 2013

A Bad Mother in Arundel.

At the beginning of the holiday, we drove through Arundel, and I saw a sign for a Lido.
Really must see.
The weather was on and off all summer and the timing was rubbish but as the weeks rolled on I became more obsessed with going.
So mid week and a couple of days before term started I checked the weather and got Gareth to take a much needed day off and come on a trip out.

Morning was a wander around the town complete with lots of questions about when would we actually see this pool which wasn't annoying at all.



I know FMH! they are lovely!
Such perfect flip flops


Greysh paint everywhere, still like it.
Then the sun came out really bright.




So there are two pools the little one and the big one. The little one is cool but you can take it.
The big one is navy blue and is just on the other side of these railings. It is divided into two and the smaller of the sections has wide steps for the little ones to play on and is mostly mums and toddlers.





The thing to be aware of is that the big pool is heated. I have never experienced a successfully heating pool except for the one that I tried to labour in. This is not that hot but you can certainly spend some time in it.



There are picnic areas all round the pool and we took the shade under a tree but you could easily bring an umbrella, a blanket, small radio and be here all day.
In fact you ticket allows you to come and go as you wish.

G took a well earned nap and then joined us again in the big pool.
When it was time to go we took the girls for an end of holiday Happy Meal because I didn't want to end a perfect day at the stove and there was a restaurant not five minutes away.
The fillet of fish is still as dreadful as I remember it from twenty years ago.
Basically it's a fish finger sandwich which I had never realised having still never eaten a fish finger sandwich.



Why am I such a bad mother?
Whilst G had a nap the girls and I stayed in the pool for over an hour and I neglected to slather small chops P in sun block.

When we got home to shower I found this.



Such a bad parent.
I've made her wear T Shirt and shorts rather than dresses because I am so ashamed.

It's nearly three weeks on and X FACTOR is still there.

She looks so adorable.
Another perfect day out, the Lido is only open in the summer, it is well worth a visit if you are in the area.


CM

No comments:

Post a Comment